Monday, June 25, 2012

Drought

It's been a drought month.  This is true for the agriculture in this area.  We are down quite a bit in rainfall with nothing on the radar for the next week.  We are dry and need relief.

The same has been true for this blogger.  I just realized it has been 24 days since I posted anything.  That is not good, or rather maybe it is really good, in any case, I have felt a bit dry.  Too much admin time, too much planning, too much stuff to do.  Juggling it all, even with a fairly decent task management system has proven difficult as well.  I apologize if yours was one of the pins that got dropped this month.

My beloved has been in Mexico for two weeks now, and enjoying her language classes immensely.  She's having a blast, and recovering her fluency.

Haltlet #1 and I leave for Russia on Wednesday.  This is an every four year mission, and I am quite excited for it.  This will be her first international travel.  More importantly, I look forward to the father/daughter time, and the spiritual refreshment that always occurs when I meet my friends in Sablino and work and worship with them.  It is wonderful to drink from the fountain of the Eastern Church, and right now, boy do I thirst.

Please pray for rain, for our farmers, and spiritual rain on this mission trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment