Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Two Words

will  be sufficient to address the reason I did not watch Tinseltown's mutual affection society awards on Sunday night:

Seth MacFarlane.

I did not wish to participate in the humor of an individual who represents the coarsening of our culture, or humor of the lowest common denominator, and it appears my instincts were correct.  I have enjoyed Family Guy in the past, I enjoy good satire, and good humor (not just the ice cream), but over the past several months have discovered that I do not like who I become after a steady diet of contemporary popular television.

I really do no longer have a stomach for the crass, the cheap, or the degradation I see in so much of what is popular.

I guess I really am a Fogey.

For another perspective see the article at First Things entitled: They will Know We Are Christians By Our Lack of Irony.



1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the club! Once you decide not to participate, it is amazing how much time is left for the people and things you really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete